The Paladin Crusade

The Paladin Crusade follows the adventures of Jovani Hammerlund, a character in the videogame Oblivion. Jovani is a self proclaimed Paladin, a holy warrior, in service of the god Arkay. His mission is to bring light where there is darkness in hopes of extinguishing the undead minions that now roam free in Tamriel. His adventures begin here.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Entry 22: Heartfire 15, 3E433

On the evening of the fifteenth of Heartfire, Dion, the Captain of the Guard of Skingrad, approached me with questions regarding my interest in Glathir. I first encountered Glathir two weeks ago when Martin and I had passed through the city on our way back to Weynon Priory.

At that time I had passed judgment on the Bosmer that he was insane. With all of the interest surrounding this Wood Elf, I decided to meet him. Near midnight, I went behind the Chapel of Julianos and sure enough, Glathir was waiting there. I wondered to myself if he had been appearing there every night even when I wasn’t in town. I had no reason to doubt that he wasn’t.

Keeping in mind Captain Dion’s words, I spoke with Glathir. He believed that the city was plotting against him and that a handful of civilians were watching him. Glathir asked me to help him buy spying on those who he believed were spying on him.

The little Bosmer wasn’t nearly as crazy as I had original thought. He was far crazier. Glathir had one too many screws loose in his head and now he was a threat to himself and to others. So I declined to help him.

Glathir stormed off and he was mumbling threats aloud to himself, completely oblivious to the fact that I was still within hearing distance. With a bad feeling growing, I followed him. Glathir returned to his home and I decided that I had better wait outside, for the Bosmer might try something foolish.

About an hour later, Glathir emerged from his home brandishing a large battle-axe! He walked across the street and entered someone’s house. I pursued him into the house where I found him attacking a woman. I had no choice but to kill him in defense of the woman, Bernadette Peneles.