The Paladin Crusade

The Paladin Crusade follows the adventures of Jovani Hammerlund, a character in the videogame Oblivion. Jovani is a self proclaimed Paladin, a holy warrior, in service of the god Arkay. His mission is to bring light where there is darkness in hopes of extinguishing the undead minions that now roam free in Tamriel. His adventures begin here.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Entry 13: Heartfire 6, 3E433

When I awoke in the morning, Malene the Innkeeper spoke to me about a necromancer, Raelynn the Gravefinder, who resided in a nearby cave. Apparently, this necromancer’s dealings with unnatural magic caused undead to roam the land near the cave and the Inn. Malene had to say no more, for as a holy warrior of Arkay, I was bound to kill the undead.

I entered Moss Rock Cavern, just north of the Inn, encountering ghosts, zombies, skeletons, necromancers, and of course Raelynn the Gravefinder. By the Nines, I escaped death during my battle with the necromancer. Raelynn proved to be a most worthy foe. If it weren’t for Mara’s Gift, a powerful healing spell granted to me by my birthsign, I would surely have died.

I said a prayer to Arkay , thanking Him for blessing me the stars of the Ritual. Had I been a mere warrior, my life would now be over and I would likely have become one of Raelynn’s many undead puppets.

After I took Raelynn’s staff back to the Inn as proof of my deed, Malene thanked me for my heroic deed and awarded me with a bounty of gold. Leaving the Inn behind, I continued my journey along the Red Ring Road until I reached the Blue Road. Taking that road east, led me straight to Cheydinhal.

Upon arrival, I stabled my horse and entered the city. So here I am now, waiting for the shops to open in a few hours time. Soon I will be ready to make the last trip to the Mythic Dawn’s hidden base. Once there, I can only hope that I will meet with success. Arkay willing.