The Paladin Crusade

The Paladin Crusade follows the adventures of Jovani Hammerlund, a character in the videogame Oblivion. Jovani is a self proclaimed Paladin, a holy warrior, in service of the god Arkay. His mission is to bring light where there is darkness in hopes of extinguishing the undead minions that now roam free in Tamriel. His adventures begin here.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Entry 20: Heartfire 14, 3E433

On the evening of the twelfth, I came across another strange stone, southeast of Skingrad. Only this stones hieroglyphs were orange instead of red or green. This would be the third type of stone that I have found thus far this I have began keeping this journal. Cautiously, I reached out and rested my right hand on the stone. At first nothing happened, but then the stone felt cool and I was suddenly enveloped with a white light. I quickly stepped away from the stone and I immediately knew that knowledge had been passed to me. It would seem that the stars above have granted me the warrior War Cry spell.

Later that evening, yet another Oblivion gate appeared and this time the blasphemous daedra had spawned in the midst of a cemetery. Such sacrilege would not go unpunished. I slipped into the new orcish armor that I had found in Bloodcrust Cavern and entered the plane of hell. A mere six hours later, I emerged victorious only to find that three more gates had opened near the city.

It is now the fourteenth of Heartfire and I have saved the Skingrad from four Oblivion gates thus far. One more yet remains and I can only hope that I will have the strength to close it in time before more open up and threaten the city.