The Paladin Crusade

The Paladin Crusade follows the adventures of Jovani Hammerlund, a character in the videogame Oblivion. Jovani is a self proclaimed Paladin, a holy warrior, in service of the god Arkay. His mission is to bring light where there is darkness in hopes of extinguishing the undead minions that now roam free in Tamriel. His adventures begin here.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Entry 15: Heartfire 8, 3E433

Leaving Cheydinhal behind, I traveled back towards Cloud Ruler Temple. Atop of a hill alongside the Red Ring Road, an Oblivion gate appeared. Confident that I could close this gate too, I entered. Several hours later, I emerged victorious.

Although fatigue was setting in, I traveled by horseback for over a few hours until I finally reached Cloud Ruler Temple. Jauffre approached me and I told him how Mankar Camoran escaped with the Amulet of Kings. The Grandmaster of the Blades was disheartened by this news, perhaps because it was stolen while it was in his care. I then showed Jauffre the book that I had recovered and he told me to take the book to Martin at once.

Inside the Great Hall, I found Martin with Baurus standing guard. I spoke with Baurus about how I had slaughtered the Mythic Dawn and he listened with great enthusiasm. He thanked me for helping him in the Imperial City a few days ago and in appreciation, he taught me some new moves.

Sitting down at the table with Martin, I showed him the daedric book, which he immediately snatched from my hands. He apologized, saying that it, called the Mysterium Xarxes, was dangerous. Apparently, the Xarxes was capable of spreading its evil power to those who possessed it. I was relieved that Martin now had this book, but at the same time, I was concerned what this book did to me while I had it in my care. Remembering how I had killed the Mythic Dawn acolytes as they cowered in a corner, I suddenly began to feel some guilt.

Martin informed me that he would need time to study the Xarxes and for that, I was relieved. Finally, I could continue the hunt to find my vampiric diseased sister. Far too much time has passed already and I would have to begin my search in earnest. Arkay willing.