The Paladin Crusade

The Paladin Crusade follows the adventures of Jovani Hammerlund, a character in the videogame Oblivion. Jovani is a self proclaimed Paladin, a holy warrior, in service of the god Arkay. His mission is to bring light where there is darkness in hopes of extinguishing the undead minions that now roam free in Tamriel. His adventures begin here.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Entry 21: Heartfire 14, 3E433

This entry is proof evident that I have survived yet another Oblivion plane.

Shortly after I emerged from hell on the eve of the fourteenth, I came across another daedric shrine located west of Skingrad. And after I spoke with the “priest”, I learned that they were worshiping Meridia. According to the Book of Daedra, Meridia is associated with the life force of all living things and opposes the undead.

Now I was at odds with myself. Could Arkay, one of the Nine Divines, and Meridia, a daedra lord, both co-exist with a unified goal of eliminating the undead? I didn’t have an immediate answer, but I decided not to partake in such sacrilegious worship.