The Paladin Crusade

The Paladin Crusade follows the adventures of Jovani Hammerlund, a character in the videogame Oblivion. Jovani is a self proclaimed Paladin, a holy warrior, in service of the god Arkay. His mission is to bring light where there is darkness in hopes of extinguishing the undead minions that now roam free in Tamriel. His adventures begin here.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Entry 12: Heartfire 5, 3E433

I awoke before dawn, skipped breakfast, and headed directly for Green Emperor Way. There I began to search around wondering what would reveal the location of Mehrunes Dagon's shrine. Hundreds of headstones, dozens of obelisks, a mausoleum, a crypt, and one statue were all potential targets. Far too many things to pinpoint which one it was. All that I could do was wait for the sun to rise and show me the way.

As each passing hour passed by, the sun climbed higher into the sky. I positioned myself facing east towards the tower. If the hidden message was correct, then one of the many surrounding headstones, an obelisk, or the crypt before me, would reveal the shrine's location.

With growing anticipation, I watched as the sun climbed higher into the sky alongside the white tower. Eagerly, I searched the headstones but found nothing unusual. The obelisk appeared to be normal, so I turned my attention to the crypt. Upon further inspection of the Tomb of Prince Camarril, I noticed that there was an etching of the rising sun above a rough layout of Cyrodiil. I had seen the same sun emblem before when Baurus and I were in the sewers. I was certain that this crypt held the answer to which I sought.

As midday approached, I ran my fingers across the etching and then all of a sudden, the etchings glowed red! Startled, I jumped back in surprise. Cautiously, I approached and I noticed a marked location on the map. Looking at my personal map, I pinpointed the location near Lake Arrius north of Cheydinhal. With this knowledge in hand, I quickly returned to the city stables.

There, I outfitted my horse with some fine steel armor. Danger lied ahead for me and I intended to keep my horse well protected. After I equipping my Blades armor, I traveled north along the Red Ring Road. Just east of Aleswell, the sky began to redden. Thunder vibrated through the air and I dismounted my horse. I knew full well, what was causing this.

Drawing my blade, I ran forward and entered the Oblivion gate. Again, I spent countless hours inside of the Oblivion plane. After closing the gate, I emerged with the Sigil Stone in hand. Over eighteen hours passed by while I was in Oblivion and now I was beginning to tire.

I continued east until I came across the Roxey Inn. Inside, I paid for room and board and so, here I am at the Roxey Inn enjoying a well-deserved meal. Arkay willing, it won’t be my last.