The Paladin Crusade

The Paladin Crusade follows the adventures of Jovani Hammerlund, a character in the videogame Oblivion. Jovani is a self proclaimed Paladin, a holy warrior, in service of the god Arkay. His mission is to bring light where there is darkness in hopes of extinguishing the undead minions that now roam free in Tamriel. His adventures begin here.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Entry 19: Heartfire 13, 3E433

I found the Wayshrine of Arkay this afternoon. As drank from the cool water, Arkay blessed me. And then I was gripped with a vision. Vampires lurked in a nearby cave to the southeast of Skingrad. To fulfill my pilgrimage, Arkay wished of me to bring light into the farthest reaches of the cave and cleanse it of the foul minions of the night.

Fulfilling that wish, I quickly found the cave in question. As I entered, I saw a sign naming this cave as Bloodcrust Cavern. Inside, were eight vampires all heavily armed. Although my natural resistance to disease has saved me many times before against the vampire disease, Porphyric Hemophilia, without body armor to protect me, it was inevitable that I became infected.

Standing victorious over the last of the vampires, I dropped down to my knees and lifted my robes. A deep scratch had penetrated my abdomen and the wound now burned. Having studied under Jaleel for many years as a lad, I had learned how to make many potions. Perhaps the most memorable of them all, was the cure disease potion.

It was the very same potion that I had been too late to deliver to you my dearest sister and for that I would never forgive myself. It is my continuing hope that I may yet redeem myself and bring an end to your unending nightmare and the nightmares of all those lives that you have touched as a vampire.

After a few hours of grinding elf cup with root pulp inside of my mortar and pestle, I had finally finished. Mixing the fine dust with water, I quickly consumed it. Almost immediately, I could feel the wound healing itself. Black pus oozed out of the closing wound and at last, I was saved. And so my pilgrimage has now been fulfilled and now…now my quest begins in earnest.