The Paladin Crusade

The Paladin Crusade follows the adventures of Jovani Hammerlund, a character in the videogame Oblivion. Jovani is a self proclaimed Paladin, a holy warrior, in service of the god Arkay. His mission is to bring light where there is darkness in hopes of extinguishing the undead minions that now roam free in Tamriel. His adventures begin here.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Entry 11: Heartfire 4, 3E433

Baurus and I left the boarding house in the early morning hours so as to attract less attention. We entered the sewers and spent a few hours navigating through the labyrinth until we finally reached our destination. Although I wanted to meet the Mythic Dawn agent face to face, I agreed to allow Baurus to meet with the agent because of his guilt over Uril Septim’s death.

Meanwhile, I crept onto an overpass that overlooked the meeting room and remained hidden in the shadows. The meeting was proceeding as planned. The Mythic Dawn agent began to reveal information and Baurus played along nicely. And then, all of a sudden, a second agent saw me.

As Baurus engaged in battle, I jumped down to help him eliminate three members of the Mythic Dawn. I retrieved the fourth volume of the Mythic Dawn Commentaries and Baurus suggested that I take all four volumes back to Tar-Meena. We said our goodbyes and we both went our separate ways. While Baurus was returning to Cloud Ruler Temple, I continued to explore the sewers beneath the city.

It was evening when I finally exited the sewers. A few hours of daylight remained, so I sold off some equipment at the Imperial City Market District. Upon my return to the Arcane University, Tar-Meena suggested that I study all of them together as a whole for hidden messages could be within the text. Before I left, a High Elf mage named Bothiel handed me a note and said that she would pay well if I could find and return the stolen parts to the University’s magical machine, The Orrery.

I acquired a room for the night at the Tiber Septim Hotel in the Talos Plaza District so that I could study the four volumes of the Mythic Dawn Commentaries. After dinner, I sat down and began reading over a goblet of Surillie Brothers Vintage 399 wine. After a few hours, I finished reading and realized that the author the commentaries, Mankar Camoran, was a very disturbed man. I got the feeling that should I succeed in my mission, I would be facing him.

Remembering what Tar-Meena had said about hidden messages, I picked up volume two and just let my eyes wander across the page. Almost immediately I noticed that the first three letters of the first three paragraphs, spelled the word “WAY”.

Could it really be that simple?

Paging through each volume I jotted down the beginning letters of each paragraph. When I was finished, the following phrase stared back at me: GREEN EMPEROR WAY WHERE TOWER TOUCHES MID DAY SUN.

So here I am, too excited to sleep. Tomorrow would reveal location of the hidden base of the murderous Mythic Dawn and the shrine of Mehrunes Dagon. Once I had that knowledge, I would welcome the opportunity to enact justice on every last one of them.