The Paladin Crusade

The Paladin Crusade follows the adventures of Jovani Hammerlund, a character in the videogame Oblivion. Jovani is a self proclaimed Paladin, a holy warrior, in service of the god Arkay. His mission is to bring light where there is darkness in hopes of extinguishing the undead minions that now roam free in Tamriel. His adventures begin here.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Entry 35: Frost Fall 9, 3E433

I returned to Cloud Ruler Temple early this morning and filed my report with Jauffre, the Grandmaster of the Blades. My report included all of the Oblivion gates that I have closed thus far, including those that threatened the cities of Skingrad, Cheydinhal, and the Imperial City itself. I also told Jauffre about the Mythic Dawn attacks in every city that I have visited. Jauffre briefly considered this and then he charged me with eliminating spies seen at the base of the mountain on which Cloud Ruler Temple rests.

The spies were believed to be basing their operations out of nearby Bruma , so I retrieved my horse from the stable and proceeded to Bruma in plain monk robes. Upon my arrival, I went to the guard barracks located inside of Bruma’s Castle and spoke to Captain Burd, the captain of the guard. Burd said that there were no strangers in town, but one of the local citizens, a woman named Jearl, had recently returned from a trip.

Although that was not evidence to confront a person with, these were dangerous times. So, I decided to go talk with this Jearl. I waited outside of Jearl’s homestead until noon and she still did not come outside. With my suspicion of Jearl growing, I spoke with some neighbors. They revealed that Jearl always stayed inside and they believed that she had a visitor living with her.

I returned to talk to Captain Burd and presented this new evidence to him. He gave me permission to enter Jearl’s home and investigate further. Donning my Blades uniform, I picked the lock of Jearl’s home and entered.

Alarmed by my entrance, Jearl and her companion revealed their true selves as members of the Mythic Dawn. When they both lay dead, I searched the home and found a trap door to a cellar. Down there, I found the orders given to Jearl and her companion written on a scroll. The orders revealed that the Mythic Dawn would soon be opening Oblivion gates around Bruma so that they could besiege the city for a staging area to attack Cloud Ruler Temple. I quickly returned to the Blades’ fortress and gave the scroll to Jauffre. Jauffre agreed that this intelligence did not bode well for us.

I then spoke with Martin, the pro tem Emperor, who told me that although he was making progress with his studies of the Mysterium Xarxes, it was slow work. Even so, he did manage to decipher parts of the Xarxes. Martin believed that it was possible to open a portal to Mankar Camoran’s paradise and four items would be needed to do so. The first item required was the blood of a daedra lord, which could be found inside of Daedric artifacts. Martin suggested that I start with Azura’s shrine, a shrine well north of Cheydinhal.