The Paladin Crusade

The Paladin Crusade follows the adventures of Jovani Hammerlund, a character in the videogame Oblivion. Jovani is a self proclaimed Paladin, a holy warrior, in service of the god Arkay. His mission is to bring light where there is darkness in hopes of extinguishing the undead minions that now roam free in Tamriel. His adventures begin here.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Entry 30: Frost Fall 2, 3E433

With but a few days left of my military furlough, I traveled back to Frostcrag Spire to unload fresh supplies and new equipment. I still had a few matters to attend to, so I watched the sunrise from the top of Frostcrag Spire before departing. The rising dawn was a truly a blessed beauty to behold.

I decided to travel to the Imperial City to ask around about the Ayleid artifact. During my journey to the central city of the empire, I found another Oblivion gate threatening the capital of Tamriel. After closing it, I realized that in total I have closed seventeen gates since the crisis began. And it seems that there is no sign of them letting up. I know that it will be up to me to save this nation of Cyrodiil. It is my destiny.

Upon arriving at the city, I went to the Market District to sell off old equipment and search for answers about my artifact. I presented the artifact to Aurenliwae inside the Mystic Emporium. She said that the statue was worthless by itself, because it was once part of a group. She offered to buy it and I agreed, for I didn’t want to be burdened by it any longer. Perhaps it will be displayed in a museum.

Leaving the store behind I went to the Temple District to visit the Temple of the One. Inside, I was surprised to find Jeelius, the Argonian prisoner whom I had freed well over two fortnights ago from the Mythic Dawn inside their secret base. Jeelius thanked me properly when he recognized me and in appreciation, he taught me new knowledge in the healing arts.

Immediately after we parted ways, two Mythic Dawn agents reveled themselves inside the Temple of the One. Such blasphemy! I killed the murdering assassins while, Jeelius ran again. Perhaps he was merely afraid or dare I say it—Jeelius is perhaps an agent himself. It seemed too obvious to be a coincidence.

If I ever see that slimy Argonian again, I will be sure to ask him.