The Paladin Crusade

The Paladin Crusade follows the adventures of Jovani Hammerlund, a character in the videogame Oblivion. Jovani is a self proclaimed Paladin, a holy warrior, in service of the god Arkay. His mission is to bring light where there is darkness in hopes of extinguishing the undead minions that now roam free in Tamriel. His adventures begin here.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Entry 31: Frost Fall 4, 3E433

Before I left the Temple District Ralsa Norvalo, a female Dunmer, approached me. She requested my help to save the citizens of the Imperial City. Although I was suspicious that this may be a trap by the Mythic Dawn, I agree nonetheless.

I entered the house as instructed and a High Elf named Seridur greeted me inside. He led me down into the basement were I joined the company of two other men. Seridur went on to explain that they were a secret order of vampire hunters known as the Order of Virtuous Blood. Arkay has smiled upon me.

The Order requested my assistance in tracking down an elusive vampire who recently murdered a woman. Apparently, this vampire lived in the Imperial City itself. Eager to become an official member of the Order, I quickly agreed to help.

The vampire in question was a man known as Roland Jenseric. I immediately went to his house, but the door was of course locked. May the gods forgive me, for I had to resort to the criminal art of lockpicking. I’m sure the gods would forgive me, for it was all in the name of justice.

The main floor held no clues that I could find. In fact, everything was consistent with a normal lifestyle. Knowing that may just be a ruse, I entered the cellar. The cellar revealed nothing that would incriminate Roland Jenseric of being a vampire. Instead, I found dozens of bottles of wine including rare vintages. In addition to the wine, I found a few bottles of the addictive drug skooma. Upstairs in the private bedroom, I found a few human skulls as well as alchemy tools. Nothing really stood out that proved Roland was a vampire at all. As I descended the stairs, I noticed a book resting on the eating table. Rather strange that I didn’t notice it earlier—

Resting on top of the book was a love letter addressed to Roland from his now murdered girlfriend. The letter mentioned a cabin where the lovers often met and I recognized the location of that cabin, for I had previously found it during one of my trips to Cheydinhal.