The Paladin Crusade

The Paladin Crusade follows the adventures of Jovani Hammerlund, a character in the videogame Oblivion. Jovani is a self proclaimed Paladin, a holy warrior, in service of the god Arkay. His mission is to bring light where there is darkness in hopes of extinguishing the undead minions that now roam free in Tamriel. His adventures begin here.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Entry 27: Heartfire 26, 3E433

The past several days have been used to hone my skills, but they have proven fruitless thus far in my search to find my sister, Sierra. I decided to leave Bruma behind and return to Cheydinhal to search for more signs of vampires in the surrounding area.

Upon my arrival, I was told that an Oblivion gate had opened near the city and to make matters worse, a group of civilians had entered the gate to find a way to close it. They would likely be dead by now, but I decided that I had better enter the gate and search for any survivors.

In the Oblivion plane, I found several bodies of those fallen in battle. From the look of their steel armor, these were no mere civilians. After a few hours of following blood trails, I found two men still alive. After speaking with them, I learned that they were all that remained of a group of self-proclaimed knights known as the Knights of the Thorn.

Farwil Indarys, a Dunmer, was the son of Cheydinhal’s Count. Although he was a fool, at least the Dark Elf had some courage for he had entered this Oblivion plane. That is no small feat for a normal man. But what respect I had for this Dunmer was soon loss when he assumed to boss me around.

The two survivors followed me into the great tower all the way up to the Sigil Stone. After I removed the Sigil, we were teleported back outside the city walls. Farwil made me an honorary Knight of the Thorn, giving me a medallion sporting the group’s emblem. I knew that he had done this so that he too could be recognized as a hero. I accepted, if only to shut the Dunmer up.

The city guard told me that the Count was awaiting my presence, so I went to the city castle to meet with him. Count Andel Indarys was pleased that I saved his son and his city from the Oblivion threat. As a reward, the Count gave to me a magical enchanted longsword, known as Thornblade.